Sunday, March 27, 2011

Name Brand Nostalgia...

While out and about yesterday, I spotted a nice lady carrying what I thought was an "MCM" bag.  Upon further inspection (I'm a huge people-watcher) I discovered it indeed was not and MCM bag because the letters were not MCM and of course in true 21st century fashion, I had to twitter about it and give my friends and followers a quick giggle!


When I got home, I decided to google MCM to see if it still exists and it does!  They even still have their iconic '80s logo - funky fresh and in full effect! ('80s babies - holla!) I learned that MCM stands for Mode Creation Munich and it's a German brand and it was created in 1976. Fascinating stuff to me!  They have a limited edition line with the amazing Patricia Field and they also have some beautiful bags and beautiful artistic ad presentations...



So now, I'm on a quest to catch up with some other old friends from my adolescence where I used to love to blast Run DMC and Bon Jovi on my Walkman (yes, I said Walkman!) and when we used to listen to the radio to try and catch and record our favorite tunes while praying the DJ would talk over the track! Ahhh, memories...

Some I know are still around, yet others I had totally forgotten about like MCM.  Let the nostalgic researching begin!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment