Monday, June 10, 2013

Who Wears Short Shorts?

Anybody with great legs can rock a pair of short shorts! The rules are simple. Here is a short list of do's and don'ts...

Don't:  Let's get the negative stuff out of the way first!

Don't wear heels with shots shorts - ever! It crosses a very fine line.  Wedges are OK in some situations but I don't think I have ever seen  someone in a short short and heels and made it work. I'd love to see it working well on someone one day.  I doubt I'll be the one to make it work but I am still researching and trying to figure out how to do it.  I love heels and shorts, so we'll see!

Don't wear them if you don't have pretty legs!  You know who you are - no need to ask family or friends that uncomfortable question.  Just use some common sense and be honest with yourself!

Don't worry about age limits! Again, if you have great legs, SHOW THEM OFF!  If I ever get the chance to dress Tina Turner, please believe some variation of Daisy Dukes will be involved! Maybe even some heels which totally negates my first don't! What? Rules are sometimes made to be broken! 

Now for the "Do's"
  • Rock shorts,  not panties.  There is a difference.  Keep it tasteful.  You want to still be a lady, after all.
  • OWN IT!!! Don't you dare put on a pair of booty shorts (that's what we called them in Texas in the '90s!) and not rock them! You better strut down the street like it's a Mercedes Benz Fashion Week runway!!!
  • Have fun!  There is a pair of sequins shorts (pic below) that I am seriously considering for a summer pool party.  If you have a small bottom (like me), you're able to play around with color and patterns so do it! Take some chances, have the fun and go back to rule 1 - OWN IT!
I am so ready to rock my shorts! below are some visual inspirations for you.  Happy summer, ya'll! :)

Short Shorts Wish Lyst:
Haute Hippy Ombre Sequin Shorts saks.com 















Alice + Olivia saks.com















Nanette Lepore saks.com















BCBGMAXAZRIA saks.com
























No comments:

Post a Comment