Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lace Dresses!

Lace is back! Not the '80's Prince Purple Rain kind (which I was all over back then, by the way), but there are a plethora of beautiful, simple lace dresses showing up in the stores.  The pretty frilly, girly look is still there but with the clean, neat lines of a great, well made dress.

I first saw one that caught my eye while out prom dress shopping with a good friend. I have been thinking about that beautiful dress ever since and I really regret not going back to at least try it on and see how I looked in it. After that, I noticed lots of teenagers wearing them at their graduations (I went to several this year!).  At one, I kept looking at a friend of mine and we'd both say, "There's another cute one!"  It almost turned into a game of "Slug Bug"! (Google that if you don't know what it is!)

So, needless to say, I have been on the search for the perfect lace dress for me.  I think I've found a casual one which is good because I plan to live in dresses this summer. I am still looking for a dressy one.  Below is what I've seen so far.  It looks like Lily Pulitzer is the current queen of the laces because that is where all of my favorites have turned up.  Of course, my favorite girl, Diane von Furstenberg has a cute one available as well- I always go to that sight first for a great dress and the DVF crew never disapoints! Now all I have to do is get out in this heat and try on some of them!

Hailey by Adrianna Papell (new designer for me)

























Zarita by Diane von Furstenberg

























Foley by Lily Pulitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment