Monday, July 15, 2013

New Nude Notions


I recently had a very enlightening conversation with my very good friend, Tes, about nude shoes.  We always discuss outfits and bounce ideas off of each other when we have events so one day I got a text from her asking about nude shoes.  What blew my mind is, that up until this conversation, it never occurred to me - a Brown girl - that "nude" shoes encompasses a much wider range of colors than I had ever considered.

In our discussion, Tes reminded me that the point of a nude shoe which is to make your legs look longer. Well, I knew this theoretically, but I'm 5'8" and all legs so I don't really need my legs to look longer! My dear friend, Tes, on the other hand, is about 5'4" so this discussion opened my eyes quite a bit!

Tes said that "nude" to her is what she sees when she is naked (a color with which she's very familiar!). After literally laughing out loug, all of the lights in Manhattan lit up in my head! Up until this discussion, "nude" to me in reference to a shoe was any color from creamy beige to chocolate brown (all of which I have in my closet).  I should also mention that when I look for "nude" shape wear, I always try to match my skin tones (all 25 of them - but that's another post, maybe about makeup...) and pout when a shade to match isn't available!  Ironic, right?

So now, when I am dressing someone for an event and a nude shoe is in order, I have more to consider! 
I have to ask myself how tall is my subject and how long are their legs?
If they are petite and we are considering nude footwear, I should try and match their skin tone!

Thank you, Tes! I am always happy to learn something new!  It's even more fun with you because we always giggle so much!

The Nude Spectrum:

Nude Burberry Peep Toe Pumps
Source:  My closet!





















True "nude" for me (sometimes)
Saint Laurent - Neiman Marcus





















Pretty chocolate nude!
Manolo Blahnik - Neiman Marcus






















Valentino - Saks Fifth Avenue





















Burberry - Saks Fifth Avenue





















Christian Louboutin - Saks Fifth Avenue





















Saint Laurent - Saks Fifth Avenue

























1 comment:

  1. Well-known model agencies
    have proved once again that they know how to choose clothes for shows supermodels famous designers.

    ReplyDelete