Wednesday, January 08, 2014

GUCCI MUSEO

Buon Anno, Bellas!

I had the awesome opportunity to start 2014 in beautiful Italy!  We took a tour that literally tried to show us the whole country in 9 days!  It was amazing, thrilling, exciting, and exhausting all at once!

Of course, I was all "a Twitter" and checking in everywhere on Foursquare but as I reviewed my Instagrams when I returned, I posted only 6 times regarding my vacation and 3 of those posts were about the Gucci Museo in beautiful Florence!  I think I may be a little bit obsessed. I definitely can't wait to visit Italy again, and I would not object at all to another trip to Gucci Museo...

I don't know why I didn't know this place existed; but guys, when I saw it, I literally squealed with delight and immediately started trying to figure out how to ditch my tour group for just a bit to go for a visit!

Mission accomplished!  I skipped a trip to a leather store and went exploring!  The ground floor was dedicated to travel.  There were displays of vintage luggage and a Gucci trimmed Cadillac!  The story is there of Guccio Gucci working as a lift boy at the Savoy Hotel in London and being fascinated by the elegance of the guests.  He returned to his home in Florence and opened a workshop making travelware and other accessories.





On the 1st floor (the ground floor is 0 in Italy), there is a display commemorating the Flora theme that began when Rodolfo Gucci created a scarf for Princess Grace of Monaco in 1966.  Around the corner from there is the handbag exhibit complete with horsebits, bamboo, and the "Jackie-O".  The back was the evening wear exhibit with dresses worn on recent red carpets.
















On the 2nd and final floor is the loafer exhibit and the story of Aldo Gucci, son of Guccio, included footwear in the family business in 1953. Around the corner from this was the lifestyle display: picnic sets, table lamps, glassware, and games.  Then there was the logomania exhibit with the logo story including the introduction of Guccissima leather.





Photos could not be taken so these came from Gucci's website. Honestly, I was so busy looking and reading that I almost forgot about photos! (I was trying to read the Italian...)

























I am immeasurably grateful for my "Italian Intermezzo"  I can't wait to go back again!  Here's hoping your new year started as fabulously or even more fabulously than mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment