Thursday, August 28, 2014

Emmys 2014

It’s been too long since I've posted! What better way to come back than to dish about the Emmys Red Carpet! It is always a highlight for me to look at the beautiful dresses on the carpet during the glamorous award shows and this year’s carpet did not disappoint. Once again, my best dressed picks are proof of my theory that less is definitely more. When you are putting together your ensembles for any occasion, you want to be wearing your clothes, not the other way around! The great Coco Chanel reminds us, “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress, dress impeccably, and they remember the woman”. Plenty of ladies got it right on the Red Carpet. Below are a few of my favorites from the night. I had lots of favorite looks. Narrowing it down was hard!


Kerry Washington in Prada! 
Did she really just have a whole baby?
























Julia Roberts in Elie Saab Haute Couture 















I really want to hate Camila Alves (Mrs. McConaughey).
But she's gorgeous.
And always owns the Red Carpet.
Here, she's wearing Zuhair Murad.
Mr. Alves is wearing Dolce and Gabbana! 
Love the blue!





Halle Berry in Elie Saab.




Debra Messing, in Angel Sanchez




Julie Bowen, in Peter Som
I'm a sucker for a print gown!




Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Carolina Herrera.





Natalie Dormer from Game of Thrones, in J. Mendel



Special mention goes to “BLOSSOM”, also known as “Amy Farrah Fowler”, also known as Dr. Mayim Bialik!  I saw her doing an interview and she mentioned that stylists and designers in Hollywood don’t want to dress her because she won’t wear a dress without sleeves.  I wish she would hire me!  I would gladly welcome the challenge! I love a great strapless or halter ball gown, but there is also nothing wrong with a pretty gown that covers a girl’s arms – especially when you have to attend formal events when it’s cold or if you, like Dr. Mayim, simply don’t wish to bare much skin.  Good for you for staying true to yourself.  I was inspired by your words!




As always, I am forever grateful to style.com for their incredible photos!



3 comments:

  1. many luxury Prada replica quartz watches. In fact, I have praised Breitling before on its decision to continue offering quartz watches as part of their collection. Some of the people who wear Rolex Daytona do actually require an electronically accurate timekeeper, and for them, mechanical timepieces really won’t do. The ETA-produced Breitling caliber 79 inside of Replica handbags the Breitling Replica Aerospace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete