Thursday, November 13, 2014

Remembering an Icon

It should come as no surprise that window shopping is one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy looking at the stories merchandisers and artists create – especially in Manhattan (think, Louis Vuitton, Spring 2009). The one boutique that never disappoints and is always breathtaking with just one dress is none other than Oscar de la Renta. His beautiful dresses are evidence of his love and appreciation of the female form. Senor de la Renta was a global treasure and will be greatly missed. Thankfully, we will always have the dresses; the glorious and stunning works of art. 

 As I browsed the web and read the tributes from the major media outlets, I was intrigued by how quickly writers and editors could pick their favorite pieces or his “best creations”. I mean, I don’t think I have ever seen an Oscar de la Renta dress that I did not like. I don’t think I could ever pick a favorite or even a collection of favorites. Thank you, Mr. de la Renta, for loving women and making us look and feel beautiful. Rest well!






























1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete