Thursday, April 07, 2016

Gap Kids Ad


























So, let’s talk about this girl power Gap ad that some people have their panties up in a bunch about.

Dear butthurt people: HAVE A DAMN SEAT, ALREADY! Everything is NOT racist! I saw the ad before I read about all of the drama.  I loved it then and still love it now!  I think it is adorable. I did notice the adorable Black girl and I noticed that she was quiet, but that’s because she’s the smallest girl in the ad! That’s what little girls do when they’re hanging out with big girls – they hang around quietly, watch with admiration, and think, “I can’t wait until I’m old enough/big enough/ strong enough to do that!” I know that’s what I did when I was a little girl!

Here is where I cackled and chortled: Business Insider published an article today that the two girls are SISTERS! Come on!  That’s what big sisters do! Little squirts are always the armrest! Always!

As a Black girl (who rocks, by the way), I know all too well that racism and sexism still exist, which is why we need programs that encourage and empower Black People. And Women. And especially Black Women. As a Black women, I was not offended by this ad at all.  I thought it was super cute and was happy to see all of the girls being strong and pretty and smart because it is possible to have it all!

Dear Gap + Ellen DeGeneres: You’re awesome, that ad is amazing, the critics are being just plain dumb! Thank you for celebrating girl power in such a great way!




9 comments:

  1. French Replica Hermes handbag maker Hermes cut its sales outlook for a second year, predicting growth at less than half the level of the start of this decade, as the Louis Vuitton Handbags sector cools.Here, we are delighted to share the 2016 Geneva International Exhibition of Replique Breitlin Watches new piece of media information with you for Replica Rolex Watches topics and new fields to use.A more than a century, IWC Watches timepiece enjoy playing a mysterious charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, thank you! Looks like a great dupe too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAP is a good name for all clothing accessories. I have more Gap accessories compared to their clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really structured and useful http://topassignmentwriters.com/ information. And everything is clear, thanks. best assignment writing service I looked through some posts and must say, they are very interesting. Best regards, assignment help australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this post, we visit again for more updates , thanks for sharing this article.
    cheap artificial grass

    ReplyDelete
  6. IWC replica watches aren’t the most popular amongst the searches for luxury replica watches.Cheap mcm bags replica established itself at the height of this golden age and we continue to embody the rich cultural spirit of Munich.Not to be confused with Dune, the fragrance from French luxury house Dior that we are all familiar with, is the new addition to its bag repertoire for F/W15, the Dior bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really structured and useful http://topassignmentwriters.com/ information.
    โกเด้นสล็อต
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete