Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes Best Dressed

Zooey Deschanel's Prada Original was my favorite dress overall and speaks the quirky artsy side of my style.  However, my more conservative and classic side takes over in my pics for best dressed.  


I believe less is more - especially if you're already gorgeous.  It appeared last night that the stylist in Hollywood are with me year judging from the flesh tone color trend which I was absolutely loving!

Julianna Margulies was my favorite and is my overall pick for Best Dressed.  She is always so stunning to me and this Naeem Khan garment was a great choice.  Why, oh why did I have to dig so far into the archives to find her picture? And why didn't I see her on the Red Carpet special?






































Heidi Klum is my next pick in Calvin Klein.




















Next up is Jessica Alba in Gucci - another example of a beautiful simple garment.




















I also really liked Reese Witherspoon in a Zac Posen number that perfectly matched the red carpet. Her hair was hot, too. There was something else different about her but I can't quite pinpoint. It was a good different, though!




















Lea Michele took a risk in my opinion and it worked! I think this was her announcement, "I'm a grown --- woman now!"  This is a big difference from her first red carpet.  She has gone from super cute to super sexy.




















Sophia Vergara rocked the red carpet in Vera Wang.  She's so fabulous and funny! She told Ryan Seacrest, "I go with Vera Wang because it closes and it zips!" (You know you're hearing that accent right now!)  I wonder if there will ever be a red carpet she rocks without making a best dressed list.  You can not have low self esteem and be this woman's friend!




















Viola Davis in Pucci with that split up to "there" had to make my list just for that split! Very sexy and unexpected from her!




















When I saw Salma Hayek's dress by Gucci, I wasn't sure about it at first.  That dress would have very easily worn someone else but she owned that thing and made it work!




















...and tomorrow I talk about the terrific tuxes and some honorable mentions!  There were very few misses last night and I don't think anyone was completely dreadful.  What a wonderful start to a glizty, glamorous award show season!  Bring on the Oscars!!!




***Images courtesy of Getty Images or Wireimage***

No comments:

Post a Comment