Thursday, February 06, 2014

BCBGMAXAZRIA Fall 2014 Ready to Wear

Let the games begin!  The first show I checked out was BCBGMAXAZRIA.  Their Fall RTW was dominated with mixes of neutrals with the occasional splash of turquoise and tangerine. One of the things I love about Max Azria is the use of funky, unexpected silhouettes that drape a woman's body beautifully while still flowing with ease.  For this collection, I really like how they did mash ups of all of the neutrals together with no regard for the old rules - shades of black, brown, blue, grey, and white all together.  It used to make me really nervous when I'd see people play with neutrals like that! I don't know why, but I would cringe at the site of brown and grey - maybe I thought someone was going to go blind after seeing what - in my then closed mind - was clashing!  I like the idea of mixing neutrals with reckless abandon now, and this collection did a great job of showing us how it's done.

See the whole collection at style.com and my top picks below…

Love the dress, not sure about the fur...





























One of the more mono-chromatic pieces 























































































I’m always happy when I see a great maxi!
































No comments:

Post a Comment